Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Today's Lesson: Groucho Marx

I don't know about your kids but my kids love slapstick comedy among their favorites are "I Love Lucy" and "The Three Stooges."  So I thought I'd introduce them to someone new with this quote and lesson:
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”  --Groucho Marx
Strangely enough, I had a VERY hard time finding a coloring sheet for Grouch Marx, I did however have no problems finding sheets on Beyonce and Lady Gaga. (And we wonder why our country is slowly slipping to the bottom of the global education rankings every year...)  So I scoured the interwebs for something I could use and found something suitable at this site, (scroll down to the middle and left click, save picture as...) which is really neat and has great caricatures of famous actors.
This wasn't the only funny quote I found by this famous comedian, he had tons! Read here and laugh away (warning some may not be kid appropriate.)
I had Sonshine work on this fun worksheet afterwards. ( I read the top portion out loud and asked questions, he finished the writing portion.
And I found two fun, and quick crafts. Make a moustache or two and Groucho Marx Face Mask.
Have Fun Learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment