Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Today's Lesson: Charles Schulz

Today I decided to use 3 quotes because they were short, but funny (and true) quotes.

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
“I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand!!”
“Happiness is a warm puppy.”
― Charles M. Schulz
Once again I had the kids write them on the bottom of the Charles Schulz coloring sheet.  I really like doing this when I can, instead of just having the kids write them in their daily journal.  It's more fun and makes for a great warm up in the morning.  We hang our pictures on the wall in our school area but you could also keep them in a binder for a keepsake to show how far your kid's coloring and penmanship have come.  I print the quotes on the board, but you could also write in cursive.
Then we read a short biography on Mr.Schulz, and an interesting fact sheet as well.
For Sonshine I found these writing sheets, where he filled in the information he learned about this great artist.
(Use the biography above.)
We used this cool site to make our own comic strips.
And last but not least, a cute and quick Snoopy craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment