Monday, May 19, 2014

Today's Lesson: Benjamin Franklin

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."-  Benjamin Franklin

Benjamin Franklin was a classic renaissance man.  He has worn many hats in his life, most notably as a printer, postmaster, author, diplomat, inventor and philosopher. Use this sheet to write your quote, and draw a picture of Ben Franklin.   Khan Academy has a complete overview of his life. Here's a lapbook from Homeschool Share where you can fill in the details of what you learned.   We will also be watching Animated Hero Classics: Benjamin Franklin.  I found a copy through my local library system.  We will  be using some of the activities from the resource book that I found at the Dripping Springs Community Library website (scroll down and click on 'Ben Franklin').  Ben Franklin was famous for printing his Pennsylvania Gazette and Poor Richard's Almanack, have fun making your own letter press stamps.


Ben Franklin is a main character in Liberty's kids but is featured in episode 10 "Postmaster General Franklin" and episode 30 "In Praise of Ben."

-Have Fun Learning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment