Saturday, February 22, 2014

Booze Reviewz: Bard's Tale Beer

Tastes like sadness
I was excited to see that there are more companies paying attention to the needs of people with Celiac Disease meaning more gluten free products becoming more readily available.  I had heard a lot of good things about Bard's Tale Beer so when I heard that there was a store nearby that carried it, I picked some up.  On the initial opening of the bottle you can smell the malty-ness of the sorghum that is used to craft this beer.  It actually SMELLS like real beer! AMAZING!  Upon tasting it though, I hate to have to admit it, but I didn't care for it at all.  Being that I was diagnosed with Celiac disease as an adult, I have had real beer and can recall, slightly what it tastes like.  Bard's tasted very bitter to me as a matter of fact, I couldn't taste anything but bitterness.  I am saddened and disappointed, at this bottle of bitterness. Now I just need to find some recipes to use the remaining bottles in.

No comments:

Post a Comment