Monday, November 4, 2013

Welcome Home Zsa Zsa!

I have been meaning to write this post for a while, but I have been terribly busy lately, due to a new member of our family.  I had been searching high and low for a female chihuahua  puppy.  I really wanted a little girl and already had a name picked out for her.  I needed a puppy that wasn't too big, because I wanted to make sure that Dexter would be comfortable with her.  And most important she couldn't be ugly, which most chihuahuas are by nature, but I can't stand a dog with crazy bug eyes... So when I finally found her and when I saw her I knew she would be a perfect fit for our family.
Isn't she cute?

Then about two and a half weeks after I brought her home she got really sick.  I didn't think she would make it through the night and I rushed her to the vet as soon as I could.  Sad to say after a hefty bill and a thorough exam, they still don't know what had made her sick.  After some medicine and all of us waiting on her paw and foot, she was back to her normal self.  

Last week we had to make another emergency trip to the vet when Zsa Zsa decided to channel her inner Evel Knievel and take a flying leap off the top of the couch.  Not very high or far for a big dog, but for a 5 pound chihuahua it was a really poor decision.  Needless to say she didn't "stick" her landing and broke her leg in two places.  She had to have surgery and is now sporting a green cast. 

Ouch!

And as for Dexter, he mostly tried to spend the first three weeks ignoring her. Until she broke her leg, he showed concern briefly and now I can gladly say that he tolerates her!

This is the look that Deter usually gives Zsa Zsa... and everyone else...

Welcome to the family Zsa Zsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment