Monday, March 18, 2013

Rice Flour Cake | Whole Foods Market

Rice Flour Cake | Whole Foods Market

I was in the mood for cake. I wanted a piece of cake sooo bad that I could already taste it. A sweet, light, airy, moist piece of cake with a thick layer of homemade icing.  So I went on the interwebs to find a recipe.  As usually there are always a plethora to choose from, so I chose a  quick and simple recipe.
Basic white cake with my yummy homemade butter cream cheese frosting.  Looks good...Tastes.Like.Sand.  The texture of this cake was far to dry, and sandy or gritty in texture. The only thing that makes it edible is the frosting.  I will be trying this recipe again, but next time I make it will be making some alterations that will hopefully make this a decent cake.  I am not surprised being gluten free sucks. Most gluten free baked goods suck as well.  Oh well, either I'll get used to it one day or I'll just give up hope all together and accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment