Monday, January 14, 2013

Doggy Coats - Martha Stewart Pets

Doggy Coats - Martha Stewart Pets

It has been FREEZING in my area of Southern Cali lately. Really, it's been so cold that it physically hurts to go outside.  I feel really horrible every time I have to let my poor little Chihuahua Dexter out to go potty in 10 degree weather.  He has clothes but nothing that keeps him super warm so I usually end up layering, a tee shirt, a sweater and a coat, but he still looks so cold. I have the hardest time trying to find x-small dog clothes in my area.
Dexter loves to play outside and has been just sitting by the window looking out longingly at the backyard.  This would be a great project for a rainy day, and maybe I can even salvage so extra material to making him some matching doggy boots.





la103157_1207_dogs.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hi! love your tutorials...I too have a tiny chihuahua/shiz-tu mix. He has a huge chest and short little legs. so nothing fit him. It was too long, would drag on the ground ..But one day I got a brain storm in a Target store ..when I seen the winter clothes on clearance- in the baby section! I went to check it out{-my hubby thought I was nuts!}But sure enough, adorable outfits that I could easily alter,for next to nothing! Just a few $..No more paying $10-15 for doggy outfits,that I had to try to fix!..The baby clothes were much easier to custom fit and sew and more comfortable..Especally the little sweaters with sweet sayings on them. They only needed velcro and the arms[legs..lol] shortened..I hope it also works for you..Thanks again,,Donna

    ReplyDelete