Tuesday, January 8, 2013

40-Minute Hamburger Buns Recipe

I am soooo trying this one tonight and will be posting a review to let you know how they turn out.  Wish me luck!
Taste of Home 40 minute Hamburger Buns Recipe



UPDATE:  I have tested this recipe and have added it to my bag of tricks. I've made these three times so far. The first batch came out nicely, but were a little dark on the bottom.  I baked them for 10 minutes.  The second time I let the dough rise too long (1 hour) and they ended up falling flat. A disaster, but my family still ate them any way.  I made them again last night, one pan did not rise well, so they were more dense but my hubby and kids ate them up. The second batch came out just right, with the exception of them being still dark on the bottom, even though I baked them on the middle rack in the oven and left them in for 8 minutes.  The next time I make these I will decrease the oven temperature as well and see if it makes a difference. All in all I have to give this recipe a big thumbs up.  I can eat them, but I hear they are delish!

UPDATE #2: I made these again substituting 1 cup of whole wheat flour, for 1 cup of the white flour.  I baked at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.  They came out great.

UPDATE#3:  These seem to come out best when cooked in the middle rack of my oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. They come out light and fluffy, similar looking to the ones you buy in the store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment