Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Today's Lesson: Life During the American Revolution

Today we are going to be learning about every day life during the American Revolution.  We will be reading If You Lived At The Time Of The American Revolution.


 Listen to some early American music while you make your own powdered wig!
Kids Discover has lots of free lesson plan downloads, including this one on the American Revolution.  This lesson plan teaches what a day in the life of a soldier was like and learn about what a soldier wore, and his equipment.  A common meal for people of this time was baked beans and johnny cakes. I know what we are having for dinner!  And the kids don't know it yet but they will be starting the day with 20 "reward tickets."  I have a reward system I use with my kids and at the end of the week they can cash in tickets for money or something from my prize box.  However, because we are learning about the American Revolution, they will be treated like the colonists and "taxed" for different things they do. I got the idea from Hunter's Teaching Tales.  This teaches the kids first hand WHY the colonists were so unhappy with the British.  We'll see how long it takes for them to revolt against me.

-Have Fun Learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment