Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies

Being gluten free sucks ass.  I'm not going to lie, I hate it with a passion and would like nothing more than to have a slice of real bread, real cake, real pie, real pizza, etc...Needless to say, I haven't had a cookie in a long time so I figured it was time to whip up a batch.

I love this recipe because it is super easy and even people who aren't GF usually like these.  The best part, there are only 3 ingredients!  I don't remember where I originally got this recipe, but it was one of the first GF recipes I had ever made when I went GF 9 years ago.  They are a dense, sweet cookie, that taste like a mouth full of peanut butter.  They do not have the texture of a traditional cookie.  If you or someone you love is a fan of eating peanut butter straight out of the jar, then this is the recipe for you!

Preheat oven to 375.

Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter chunky or smooth your choice (real peanut butter, not spread, read the label. If it says 90% peanut blend don't use it. Natural PB is fine too as long as you don't add the oil that is on top.)
1 egg
1 cup sugar
optional: nuts, raisins, chocolate chips

 Gather ingredients and put in a large mixing bowl.  (Note: Spray measuring cup with cooking spray so the peanut butter doesn't stick.)
 Mix either by hand or with a mixer.
 Mix until thoroughly combined.  Throw in a couple handful of your optional mix in, I added some semi sweet chocolate chips. Mix briefly to combine.
Cookie dough will be greasy depending on the type of peanut butter used. I prefer to grind my own, but today I was being lazy and used extra chunky Jif. That and I wanted some extra texture. Do not use peanut butter spread or "diet" peanut butter, it won't work! 
 Roll into balls, and place on cookie sheet. Flatten balls, not too thin just smash down a little with your palm.  (Line with parchment paper to make you life easier, unless of course you enjoy scrubbing pans.) Bake for 9 minutes.

 They come out like this, they don't spread and sometimes they do puff slightly.  Carefully remove from pan and let cool.  If you leave them on the hot cookie sheets the bottoms will continue to cook and get hard.

All done!

Printable Recipe 

1 comment:

  1. Cookies! I love cookies!

    Have you tried making cookies with bananas? One time, I made some by pureeing bananas and mixing in flour and chocolate chips (came out great!) I don't know any gluten free recipes but I'm sure if you play around with it that you will come up with one.

    ReplyDelete