Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pigs In A Blanket From Scratch) Recipe - Food.com - 158206

Pigs In A Blanket From Scratch) Recipe - Food.com - 158206

When I asked my kids what they wanted for dinner last night, for some strange reason my son yelled out "pigs in a blanket!"  My daughter immediately started crying and said she didn't want to eat a pig or his blanket.  Then I realized, she's never had pigs in a blanket before, and I don't know what made my son ask for them as I haven't made them in years.  Well after explaining to my daughter what it actually was, I started looking up recipes online for recipes that I could use for dough.  When I ran across one that used homemade, knock off crescent dough.  I had all of the ingredients, so I thought I'd try it.  Well it came out great (so I was told) and was very yummy.  The only thing I did differently from this recipe was roll out the dough between sheets of wax paper. I'd not too keen on the idea of dusting counter tops with flour, since I need to stay gluten free.  This also helps with clean up.  I also had a hard time using "triangles" to wrap the hot dogs so I used rectangles of dough. Oh well, good enough, and the family didn't seem to notice any way.

All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment