Tuesday, March 26, 2013

RIP Food Processor

I am notorious for killing appliances, both small and large alike.  However, no one could have foreseen the early demise of the Hamilton Beach food processor that I received as a Christmas from my darling hubby this past year. (To replace the other food processor I broke the month before.)  Well I finally took it out of the box around the beginning of February, and here we are in March and the poor thing has already passed away. I used it a total of six times, and when I pulled it out to make banana ice cream, it wouldn't start.  At all.  We tried everything and the poor thing had just given up.  The only comment from the hubby, "Wow, I didn't expect you to break it that fast...I expected it to last at least a year..."
I was majorly depressed, I really was looking forward to something sweet and had nothing else gluten free in the house except for some frozen bananas.  Needless to say I went to bed angry, and woke up angry the next day.  So I found all of the relevant info and called the company.  After a seven minute wait on hold, I was able to talk to an operator who was polite and took down all of my information and instructed me how to make a warranty claim.  Then charged me $16.59 to have a new replacement shipped to me. I was pissed, but still it was cheaper than having to buy a new one.  She said that it will take 7-14 days for me to receive a replacement after my claim photos are received and my payment approved. 
And all I wanted was some banana ice cream, and now I won't have any for the next 7-14 days. =(


No comments:

Post a Comment